My sister plans to visit soon. I have lived through her vegetarian phase. I survived her religious phase. I humored her through her nudist phase. I loved her through her active protestor phase. Now, she has moved on to her gluten-free phase.
I don’t know the first thing about gluten, if it’s good, bad or ugly. I don’t really want to know why some people go gluten free. I only need enough recipes to see me through a three day weekend. This is what I will be trying out in the kitchen:
Spicy, Sweet Chicken (serves 4)
- 2 pounds skinless chicken (boneless optional)
- 1 cup fruit jelly of choice
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 lime wedges
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line deep baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Bring to a boil a large pot of water. Add chicken to boiling water. Boil vigorously for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove chicken from water and cool. Pat chicken dry and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn chicken and bake 10 minutes.
- Add jelly and chili paste to a large bowl. Squeeze juice from lime wedges into bowl and stir mixture. Separate half of mixture for dipping sauce when serving.
- Add chicken to remaining mixture in the large bowl. Stir to coat chicken completely with sauce and serve.
Mozzarella Balls [Read more…]